- The First Book. The Redeemer - His First Coming. "The sufferings of Christ."
CHAPTER 1: VIRGO - The Virgin. A woman bearing a branch in her right hand and an ear of corn in her left. The promised seed of the woman:
In this first sign of Virgo, the virgin, we find the truth of the statement given in Genesis 3:15:
And I will cause hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel.”
The name of this constellation is Bethulah, virgin in Hebrew, and in Arabic she is Adarah, the pure virgin. In the Greek, she is parthenos, again, virgin. In Genesis 3:15 she is presented only as being a woman, but in later prophecies, she is defined as being from the stock of Israel, the seed of Abraham, of the linage of David. Looking at some of these prophecies we see:
Isaiah 7:13-14: Then Isaiah said, “Listen well, you royal family of David! Isn’t it enough to exhaust human patience? Must you exhaust the patience of my God as well? All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’).
Matthew 1:23: “Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’”
Isaiah 9:6-7: For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!
The brightest star in this constellation is in her hand, and bears the ancient Hebrew name, Tsemach or the Branch, and in ancient Arabic, Al Zimach meaning the branch. One of the great symbols used of, and spoken of by the prophets is the Branch. Some other stars in this constellation also have similar names, Al Azal and Subilon mean, the shoot, the ear of wheat. We find that the language of prophecy is identical with this sign. It is written:
Isaiah 11:1-3: Out of the stump of David’s family will grow a shoot— yes, a new Branch bearing fruit from the old root. And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. He will delight in obeying the Lord. He will not judge by appearance nor make a decision based on hearsay.
One of the stars in the branch is Al Mureddin which means "who shall come down", or "who shall have dominion." This star also carries the Chaldee name Vindermaitrix which means "the son" or the "branch who comes."
Zechariah 6:12: Tell him, ‘This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: Here is the man called the Branch. He will branch out from where he is and build the Temple of the Lord.
- COMA: (The desired). The woman and child the desired of all nations (in the most ancient Zodiacs).
The Egyptians called this sign "Shes–nu" meaning "the desired son". The child has a Hebrew name "Ihesu" with the signification, "Ieza", which in Greek, is called "CHRISTOS" or CHRIST! These are the very words used by the prophets, as it is written:
Haggai 2:7: And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts. (King James version).
Luke 2:40: There the child grew up healthy and strong. He was filled with wisdom, and God’s favor was on him.
We see in Coma, the promised seed from woman, a virgin, is a boy, the desired one, nurtured and growing, waxing strong in the Spirit and wisdom of the LORD.
The Zodiac in the Temple of Denderah, in Egypt, at least 4,000 years old, shows the figure of a woman and child, as shown above. But, the modern maps of the stars show instead a wig. This change was made by Ptolemy III in the third century B.C. The modern name is coma Berenice (the hair of Berenice).
- CENTAURUS: (the Centaur with two natures holding a spear piercing a victim): The despised sin-offering.
The brightest star in the fore–foot has come down to us by the ancient name of "Toliman" which means "the heretofore and the hereafter" which marks Him as "the one which was, which is, and which is to come, the Almighty" [Revelation 1:8].
Another name for this constellation or decan in ancient Hebrew is "Asmeath", which means the sin–offering, speaking of Isaiah 53:10:
But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the Lord’s good plan will prosper in his hands.
The Greek name of this decan is "Cheiron", which means "the pierced" or "who pierces".
Zechariah 12:10: “Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the family of David and on the people of Jerusalem. They will look on me whom they have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him as for a firstborn son who has died.
John 19:36-37: These things happened in fulfillment of the Scriptures that say, “Not one of his bones will be broken,” and “They will look on the one they pierced.”
The decan of Centaurus is one of the lowest constellations, that is, farthest south from the northern center. It is positioned directly ABOVE the constellation named Crux, or cross, or as we know it, the southern cross. This positioning prophesies EXACTLY, the METHOD of death of the despised sin offering, and EXACTLY HOW, he will destroy the enemy. There is NO guesswork here, you only need the eyes to see.
So in Virgo, we see the promised seed, the man whose name is THE BRANCH, in Coma, we see the promised seed in the form of a son, the desired one, born of a virgin, and nourished and growing strong, filled with the Spirit and wisdom of God. In Centaurus, we see the man having two natures (God and man), the despised sin offering, the pierced one, positioned above the cross, showing the method of His death to come.
- BOOTES: (A man walking bearing a branch called ARCTURUS meaning the same): The coming One with branch or simply "He cometh".
The star in the tip of the spear in his right hand, is named in ancient Arabic, "Al Katurops", which means "the branch, treading underfoot". The star just below his waist on his right side is called "Mirac" or "Mizar" or "Izar". Mirac means "the coming forth, as an arrow"; Mizar or Izar means "the preserver, guarding". The star in his left calf is called "Muphride" meaning "who separates". Could the "spear" possibly have started out as a shepherd's staff? This get much more exciting when we realize that one of the constellations sitting adjacent to this one, is Ursa Major, erroneously called "the great bear" and "the big dipper". Due to error and mistranslation, the great bear is really the "Greater Sheepfold", and the same with the lesser bear or "little dipper" which is the "lessor" or smaller sheepfold. As indicated by some of the stars names in Ursa Major, such as : "Mizar" or "guarded or enclosed" [place] and "Dubheh" meaning "herd", or "fold". The Arabs still call this constellation "Al Naish" or "An–naish" meaning "the ordered" or "assembled together" as sheep in a fold. The book of Job refers to "Arcturus and his sons" [Job 38:32] to Ash or Aish, and her progeny. The ancient Jewish commentators say that aish here, means, and refers to the seven stars of the Great Bear. This is exciting to me, as I immediately thought of Revelation 2:1. Who holds the seven stars? It is none other than the LORD, Jesus Christ, Yeshua Ha Mashiach. The one foretold in the starry heavens by God Himself. Other star names in the decan of Bootes, the star in his head, is "Nekkar" meaning "the pierced" [recall Zechariah 12:10] or i's Hebrew name, "Merga" meaning "who bruises". Finally, the sickle in his left hand shows he is reaping, or harvesting the fruit of his planting.
March 21, 2008: A powerful gamma ray burst detected March 19th by NASA's Swift satellite has shattered the record for the most distant object that could be seen with the naked eye. It was estimated to have occurred at a distance of 7.5 billion light years away, when the previous most distant object to be visible to the unaided human eye was 2.9 million light years away. The burst was 2.5 million times more luminous than the most luminout supernova ever recorded, and this makes it the brightest object ever observed by humans in the universe. And it occurred in the constellation Bootes (the coming one).
In summary, the constellation Virgo, along with her three decans, show the woman, a virgin, and the promised seed that will destroy the enemy. The virgin and her "seed", the kernel of wheat that would fall to the ground and die for us, and in the subsequent decans, the promised son, the desire of all nations, he grows to manhood having two natures (one divine, one human), the despised of men, our sin offering, and in the last decan of Virgo, the coming One, the one who was pierced, the harvester of the righteous seed, the good shepherd, the High Priest. The coming one of the Revelation, who comes to harvest the Earth, and bring judgment to man.
- COMA: (The desired). The woman and child the desired of all nations (in the most ancient Zodiacs).
Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are from the New Living Translation of the Bible.
- A Message in the Heavens by Joseph Herrin: http://parablesblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/message-in-heavens.html
- Bible Commentaries: www.biblecentre.org/commentaries/index_ot.htm
- Bible Dictionary: www.stempublishing.com/dictionary/574_600.html
- Biblical Astronomy: The Hebrew Mazzaroth: www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/biblestudies/BibleStudy_BiblicalAstronomy.htm
- Bootes - HE IS COMING!: www.heart4god.ws/id655.htm
- Centaurus: The Witness of The Heavens Part 4 (video): www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=d05a276193d32621ecbe
- Constellation Names by John P. Pratt: www.johnpratt.com/items/astronomy/starnames/cons_names.html
- Crosswalk: bible.crosswalk.com
- Day Four - Sun, Moon & Stars: http://ajchesswasbibleblog.blogspot.com/2005/08/day-four-sun-moon-stars.html
- Enoch's Constellations Testify of Christ by John Pratt: www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/meridian/2006/48constellations.html
- God's Message in the Stars: www.prepare-ye-the-way.com/zodiac1.htm
- Gospel and Astrology?: www.bikerjohn.com/gospel_astrology.htm
- "He calleth them all by their names" (Video on youtube): www.encyclopedia.com/YouTubeDisplay.aspx?videoid=4DU9JcE1qWg&term=Mazzaroth
- Lion and Lamb : The Witness of The Heavens (video): www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=dd16357ee68f6c160bef
- Logos in the Night: www.thebelotefamily.info/starrynight/Logos2.htm
- Lost Constellation Testifies of Christ by John P. Pratt: www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/meridian/2004/prince.html
- Mazzaroth or the Constellations by Frances Rolleston: http://philologos.org/__eb-mazzaroth/
- Meaning of Zodiac Signs - video by Randall Niles: www.encyclopedia.com/YouTubeDisplay.aspx?videoid=11DRajQOMDg&term=Mazzaroth
- Message From The Stars - The Mazzaroth: www.genesisfiles.com/Mazzaroth.htm
- Net Bible: www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm
- Review of Gospel in the Stars by John P. Pratt: www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/gis/gis_review.html
- Signs in the Heavens - MP3 Download by Chuck Missler: http://store.khouse.org/store/catalog/DL003.html
- Signs in the Stars? by Lambert Dolphin Malcolm Bowden, Barry Setterfield and Helen Fryman: http://ldolphin.org/zodiac/
- Stars Video: http://beyondtheshadow.org//?Stars%20video
- Summary of the meanings of the Constellations: www.tccsa.tc/articles/constellations.html
- The Constellations Testify of Christ by John P. Pratt: www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/meridian/2001/constellations.html
- The Gospel before the Bible: http://kenrockwell.blogspot.com/2007/11/gospel-before-bible.html
- The Gospel in the Stars by Frederick C. Kubicek: www.unlimitedglory.org/starlight.htm
- The Gospel in the Stars by by John Ensworth: www.crossbowministries.com/Newsletter1.htm
- The Mazzeroth, The Gospel in the Stars by Ken Lewis (video): www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=a9bbe3cbef1135154f2f
- The Heavens Declare the Glory of God by P. Johnson: www.ensignmessage.com/archives/heavens2.html
- The Meaning of the Zodiac: www.bibletruthonline.com/themeaningofthezodiac.htm
- The Message in the Mazzaroth by Evan Wiggs: www.evanwiggs.com/articles/mazz.html
- The Mystery of the Mazzaroth: http://business.gorge.net/zdkf/elt-maz.html
- The Salvation Message Written in the Stars: www.yarahministries.org/heaven.html
- The Star Gospel: www.biblenews1.com/creation/stars.html
- The Star of Bethlehem: www.tccsa.tc/articles/gospel_stars_rso.html
- The Stars Also (Appendix 12 From The Companion Bible): www.therain.org/appendixes/app12.html
- The Testimony of the Stars by Chuck Missler (audio mp3): http://media.sermonindex.net/12/SID12138.mp3
- The Witness of The Heavens Part 5: BOOTES - The Coming One (video): www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=8723d18169b2e4817a16
- The Witness of the Stars by E. W. Bullinger: http://philologos.org/__eb-tws/default.htm
- The Witness of the Stars (introduction) by E.W. Bullinger: http://philologos.org/__eb-tws/intro.htm
- The Zodiac Testifies of Christ by John P. Pratt: www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/meridian/2005/zodiac.html
- What Does The Bible Say About Stars?: www.horizonenergycorp.com/hpo/constellations/bible.htm
- "The Companion Bible" (1893) by E. W. Bullinger - Zondervan Publishing House
- "The Gospel in the Stars" (1882) by Joseph A. Seiss
- "The Witness of the Stars" (1893) by E. W. Bullinger - Zondervan Publishing House
Defender's Study Bible" -World Bible Publishers
Bible Dictionary" - Merrill F. Unger - Thomas Nelson Publishers
Complete Expository Dictionary" - W. E. Vine - Thomas Nelson Publishers